quinta-feira, setembro 08, 2022

At the time of the Queen's death

Her Majesty has passed away. I believe it is in the Chūnqiū, 春秋, where the character 崩 is used for the death of a monarch, with associated meanings of avalanche, collapse, crumbling, caving in, etc...

I am not a particularly monarchical person, but I hold a deep respect and admiration for Elizabeth II, a person who incarnated in her life and work the meaning of the word 'duty'. Besides, she has been my queen for all my life, and already was far from young the year I was born. With her goes a piece of history, both ours and mine. Of rather, I should say, herstory.

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we part from her today, but her memory will live on, and we may hope for the reward of her virtue as she transits from a perishable to an imperishable crown. God save the Queen!

Sem comentários: